FVU are pleased to announce the second edition of the Jerwood/Film and Video Umbrella Awards: ‘What Will They See of Me’. Applications are open to artists, within the first five years of their practice, from 20 May - 1 July 2013.
Please visit whatwilltheyseeofme.org.uk for more information.
Equality & Diversity
FVU is committed to promoting equality and diversity in all of its activities so that everyone who comes in to contact with the organisation, as an employee, artist or member of the public, feels that they are valued and respected, regardless of their background.
The aim of the Film Video Umbrella Equality and Diversity strategy is:
• To confirm the key priorities for action to promote equality and diversity and challenge discrimination.
• To make sure that FVU continues to encourage a diverse workforce where everyone feels they are being fairly treated.
• To make sure that the organisation continues to attract the widest possible variety of audiences.
• To help the organisation continue to engage with a wide range of artists from diverse backgrounds.
• To guide the work of all those employed by FVU.
• To make sure that FVU meets all of its legal requirements and responsibilities. relating to equality and diversity.
The full Equality and Diversity strategy is available on request.
Our internships are an opportunity to gain experience of working in a busy arts organisation office and to gain insight into the day-to-day operations of Film and Video Umbrella. The role is intended to offer insight into all aspects of our operations including marketing and press, website and e-communications, social media, working with the physical and digital archives plus, general arts administration.
This is an excellent opportunity for anybody thinking of pursuing a career in arts administration or management to gain first-hand experience and develop valuable transferrable skills.