We are currently seeking a Team Assistant and Production Officer, deadline for applications is 19 June 2019. See job description and how to apply here
For details of any future vacancies or sign up to our e-bulletin here.
We currently have no open submissions. We aim to run at least one open call opportunity per year. To stay updated sign up to our e-bulletin here.
We offer structured student placements, with the opportunity to work across a range of different areas within our small team. The programme requires a time commitment of two to three days per week, for a three month period.
The role is intended to provide an insight into various aspects of our operations including marketing and communications, analysis, working with the physical and digital archives, as well as more general arts administration. We will always try to tailor the work towards your particular interests.
Applicants must be in education, and the student placement must be a requirement of the applicant's programme of study. We provide £20.00 per day to cover expenses for all student placements. We can only accept a limited number of student placements per year. We run regular callouts for applicants, however we welcome approaches from universities who are seeking placements on behalf of their students, as well as from individual student applicants (who should send us their CV with accompanying cover letter). Please email email@example.com.
Equality & Diversity
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all of our activities so that everyone who comes in to contact with the organisation, as an employee, artist or member of the public, feels that they are valued and respected, regardless of their background.
The aim of the FVU Equality and Diversity strategy is:
• To confirm the key priorities for action to promote equality and diversity and challenge discrimination.
• To make sure that FVU continues to encourage a diverse workforce where everyone feels they are being fairly treated.
• To make sure that the organisation continues to attract the widest possible variety of audiences.
• To help the organisation continue to engage with a wide range of artists from diverse backgrounds.
• To make sure that FVU meets all of its legal requirements and responsibilities. relating to equality and diversity.
The full Equality and Diversity strategy is available on request.
Image: Hetain Patel Don't Look at the Finger, installed at The New Art Gallery Walsall, 2018. Photographer: David Rowan.